Wealth and luxury are words that always go together. Private jets, super cars, luxury homes, palaces, custom-designed clothing, and racehorses are just some of the things that are considered indicators of wealth. But there is one character that can only be said to be the super-yacht.
We can understand why this is a ‘luxury item’ when we know that only five per cent of the richest people in the world own a super yacht. High starting price, maintenance cost and depreciation are the factors that make super yachts a toy in the hands of the super rich only.
What is a super yacht .. ??
Yachts are luxury private yachts that are usually more than 24 meters long and are managed by a professional crew. But when it comes to the super rich, everything has to be ‘super’ at once. These super-yachts, or mega-yachts, are huge, more than 100 meters in size, worth billions of dollars worth of luxury yachts.
Designed by world-renowned designers, these super yachts are packed with all the luxuries and amenities you can imagine, including an interior, a movie theater, an infinity swimming pool, a helicopter and a missile defense system. Super yachts have a palace-like luxury system. According to Bloomberg data, one can get acquainted with the current “top” super yachts in terms of price and size.
1) Dilbar: Price – Rs 4,000 crore. Alisher Usmanov, a Russian-Uzbek businessman, owns the 156-meter-long luxury yacht.
2) Fulk-al-Salamah: Price – Rs 3,700 crore – 164 meters long, one of the two super yachts of Qaboos bin Saeed Al Saeed, Sultan of Oman.
3) Sailing Yacht A: Priced at Rs 3,142 crore – It is owned by Russian billionaire Andrei Melnichkov, who has a sailing system similar to traditional yachts. The length is 143-meters.
4) Al-Lusail: Priced at Rs 3,128 crore – The 124-meter long yacht is owned by Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Emir of Qatar.
5) Assam: Price – Rs 3,000 crore – This luxury yacht by Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, is the largest (181-m) and fastest super yacht in existence. Its engine capacity is 94,000 H.P .. !!
Maintaining these super yachts without losing their novelty is a very expensive and arduous task. Their one year maintenance cost alone will be at least over $50000 !!!